Responsibilities: As a member of our Client Services team, you will serve on the front line of support for Democratic campaigns, parties, PACs, and progressive organizations using our software. Not only will you be supporting our clients with your exceptional customer service skills, but you’ll also be conducting web-based trainings to get new customers up and running with our software, and documenting easy to use solutions in our knowledge-base repository. Even though this is an entry-level position, it is not for the faint of heart when it comes to dedication and teamwork.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience teaching or training, including activities such as mentoring, tutoring and/or computer support.
- Demonstrated and passionate interest in Democratic political campaigns and fundraising.
- Professional phone manner and undying patience.
- Proven ability to self-motivate and demonstrated work ethic.
- Critical thinking, logical problem solving ability, and a willingness to learn.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete diverse projects; strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Some familiarity with MS Access, MS SQL Server, writing SQL queries or HTML a bonus.
- Previous experience using the NGP database in a campaign setting.
NGP VAN is a leading provider of campaign software and technology services to Democrats and their allies. We work hard to help our clients with innovative technologies and strategies, and to develop rewarding careers for our staff. NGP VAN has a fun and relaxed company culture, including blowing off steam at the conference room ping-pong table or on a softball field and enjoying annual company retreats. We also have a strong benefits package that includes company-paid health care and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan, free snacks, sodas, and casual Friday every day. We take pride in being a progressive and open-minded workplace. You can learn more about our 16 years of growth and success at http://www.ngpvan.com/about-us.Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.