For More Information: DMO-Go.com
BOSTON, MA and WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Democratic Municipal Officials (DMO) and NGP VAN announced the formation of DMO Go, a partnership that will bring the nation’s leading suite of integrated political new media, fundraising, and campaign tools to Democratic leaders and candidates on the local government level.
These leaders can use DMO Go to easily publish compelling professional websites, send emails, manage on- and offline fundraising, utilize social media more effectively, and integrate their websites with the same field and get out the vote tools used by virtually every Democratic candidate for public office. Best of all, DMO Go allows Democratic leaders and candidates in local governments of all sizes, geographies and compositions to take advantage of the best campaign technology available to Democrats today at an affordable price.
“DMO is committed to making municipal elections an opportunity to organize communities and grow the Democratic Party from the ground up,” said Barbara Moore, DMO’s executive director. “Through DMO Go, Democratic candidates for local office have access to the most sophisticated online tools available today. These tools are already used by thousands of leading Democratic candidates and with DMO Go, they are now accessible and affordable for our local leaders.”
“This partnership will put NGP VAN’s powerful, integrated suite of campaign tools in the hands of even more local Democratic elected officials and candidates throughout the country,” said Stu Trevelyan, NGP VAN’s CEO. He continued, “From mayors to city councilmembers, state legislators to Governors, Members of Congress to the President of the United States, DMO Go is a testimony to our commitment to grow the Democratic Party in every town and city by equipping our candidates with the technology edge they need to win on Election Day.”
In May, NGP VAN announced a similar partnership with the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee bringing its integrated suite of technology to Democratic state legislators and state legislative candidates. During the 2012 election, the partnership helped power new Democratic majorities in the Colorado House, Maine House and Senate, Minnesota House and Senate, New York Senate, and Oregon House.
Over the course of the 2012 election cycle, NGP VAN’s products saw enormous activity:
- VAN, the field product, powered over 260 million phone calls and 92 million door knocks.
- NGP, the fundraising product, helped Democratic clients raise over $2 billion dollars this cycle -- the vast majority of money raised by Democrats.
- NGP VAN Digital products (which are recommended by the DCCC, DLCC, EMILY’s List, and America Votes) sent hundreds of millions of emails, helping clients raise hundreds of millions of dollars online, from millions of supporters.
Candidates and organizations relying on NGP VAN during the 2012 election included:
- President Obama’s re-election campaign.
- Every national Democratic party committee, including the DNC, DSCC, DCCC, DGA, and DLCC.
- Every winning Democratic U.S. Senate Campaign, including Elizabeth Warren (MA), Tim Kaine (VA), and Tammy Baldwin (WI).
- Dozens of other Democratic statewide victors, including Maggie Hassan (NH Gov), Earl Ray Tomblin (WV Gov), and Jay Nixon (MO Gov).
- A vast majority of the Democrats winning U.S. House seats (almost 90% of winners, with a number of races yet to be called), including Patrick Murphy (who knocked off incumbent Republican Allen West in FL-18), Cheri Bustos (who knocked off an incumbent Republican Bobby Schilling in IL-17), and Sean Patrick Maloney (who knocked off an incumbent Republican Nan Hayworth in NY-18).
- Every active Democratic state legislative caucus.
- Thousands of winning down-ticket candidates.
- Almost every major active progressive PAC and non-profit, from Planned Parenthood to the League of Conservation Voters to EMILY’s List.
- Almost every politically active labor organization including the AFL-CIO and SEIU.
The DMO Go partnership puts the tools that helped power these 2012 victories in the hands of local Democratic candidates just in time for 2013, a year in which many local governments will be holding elections.
The Democratic Municipal Officials is the Democratic voice in local politics and the local voice in Democratic politics. DMO works to help Democrats win seats at the municipal level, and supports the Democratic Party’s national goals and programs through local work. DMO is building a Democratic future by investing in tomorrow’s national leadership by providing campaign training, leadership development and networking for DMOs within their states and nationally.
About NGP VAN
NGP VAN is the leading technology provider to Democratic and progressive campaigns and organizations, offering clients an integrated platform of the best fundraising, field, and new media products. NGP VAN counts thousands of Democratic campaigns and progressive organizations amongst its clients, including President Obama’s re-election, all the national Democratic committees, thousands of Democratic campaigns including almost every winning Democratic U.S. Senate candidate, most of the U.S. House winning candidates, and hundreds of labor unions, progressive and non-partisan PACs, and other organizations.